ROUND ROCK, Texas (Oct. 20, 2021) —The 2021-22 US Youth Soccer Frontier Conference season continued over the weekend, as 68 teams from North Texas and South Texas competed at the Round Rock Multipurpose Complex in Round Rock, Texas. The event included boys teams in the 14U-19U age groups and girls teams in the 15U and 17U-19U age groups.
In total, this season will see 110 Frontier Conference teams compete for qualification into the 2022 USYS Southern Regional Championships, as well as qualification into the 2022-23 season of National League P.R.O.
The conference has seen many great performances up to this point of this season, with teams pushing hard for top spots in the standings as the league approaches its last conference-hosted event of the season.
Some notes on this season up to this point:
- Tigres FC 08 Premier (TX-S) is the last undefeated team left in the 14U Boys Division and currently sits alone at the top of the standings with 15 points. But the division is still up for grabs, with FC Dallas ETX 08 Garcia (TX-N), DKSC 08 Lopez (TX-N) and ID Chelsea Jr. 08 (TX-N) all within three points of the division leader.
- In the 15U Girls Division, FC Westlake 07 Elite (TX-S) holds the top spot in the standings with 12 points after four matches. FC Westlake put in two great performances over the weekend with its win on Sunday over Solar SC 07 Byars White (TX-N) also counting toward National League P.R.O. standings.
- FC Dallas Youth 06 North (TX-N) has the slight edge in the 16U Boys Division with 20 points earned after nine matches played. FC Westlake 06 Elite (TX-S) follows closely behind with 18 points, while Solar 06 Hildebrand (TX-N), Barcelona SC 06 Elite South (TX-S) and McAllen YSA Lobos FC (TX-S) are all just behind with 16 points each.
- In the 17U Girls Division, Lady Lions 05 Red (TX-S) currently holds the top spot in the standings with nine points after four matches played, but Sting SC 05 Roach (TX-N) and Dallas Texans Central 05 (TX-N) are close behind with six points each.
- Northwest SC Esencial (OK) currently holds the top spot in the standings with 15 points after eight matches played, but FC Premier 04 ETO'O (TX-N) follows closely with 13 points and Houston Legends 04 (TX-S) will look to continue its winning streak after picking up four wins in its first four matches for 12 points.
- In the 19U Girls Division, NE Oklahoma 04 Blue (OK) has been dominant all season, picking up 22 points in eight matches and currently holds the top spot in the standings. NE Oklahoma could clinch with a win its last match of the season or if Solar SC South 03/04 Adames (TX-N) drops points in one of its five remaining games. Solar SC needs to win out to overtake NE Oklahoma.
What they’re saying:
Simon Sanchez, head coach of FC Westlake 07 Girls Elite (TX-S), talked about his team’s success so far this season within the conference.
“The girls have a great understanding of one another,” said Sanchez. “Because of this chemistry, it has allowed us to rattle off four wins. The win this past weekend counting toward our first win in National League P.R.O. is a great start to the year. The game is 50 percent mental, 50 percent physical. We regularly play older teams in order to test our mental fortitude. Playing under that pressure is one reason we don’t break much against our peers.”
Sanchez also talked about what his team’s experience has been within the Frontier Conference and what they are looking forward to most about competing at National League P.R.O. events this winter.
“The Frontier Conference is well-managed,” said Sanchez. “I am sure our state Association collaborating with US Youth Soccer is a help, too. Every Frontier weekend has been smooth.
“National League P.R.O. is a national platform, which we had to qualify for and it exposes our girls to different styles and pressure. I think my girls are most excited about the different competition they will get to face and being at Disney.”
The next Frontier Conference-hosted event will take place Nov. 13-14 at Rolling Hills Soccer Complex in Fort Worth, and it will include teams from the 15U-19U Boys age groups and 14U-19U Girls age groups.
For more information on the Frontier Conference, including schedules, scores, and standings, click here.
For more information on all the National League Conferences and the National League P.R.O., click here.