FRISCO, Texas (Oct. 27, 2021) —The 2021-22 US Youth Soccer Mid South Conference season has seen many great performances through the first few months. Several teams already clinched division titles and many more teams are pushing hard for the top spots in the standings as the league approaches the last stretch of the fall side of the season.
In total, this season will see 108 Mid South Conference teams compete for qualification into the 2022 USYS Southern Regional Championships, as well as qualification into the 2022-23 season of USYS National League P.R.O.
Some notes on the season up to this point:
- In the 14U Girls Division, Tennessee United SC 08 (TN) holds the top spot in the standings with 16 points after six games played, but Germantown Lady Legends 08 Black (TN) will have the opportunity to take the division when the two teams meet in their last game of the season.
- MS Rush 07 Premier (MS) and Cajun Rush 07 Academy (LA) currently lead the 15U Girls Division with 7 points each, but there is a lot of season left as the majority of the division’s games will be played on the spring side of the 2021-22 season.
- In the 16U Boys Division, MS Rush United 06 Premier (MS) clinched first place after winning all six of its games so far this season. 06 Lobos Rush Premier (TN) will take second place in the division to clinch a berth into the 2022-23 National League P.R.O. season.
- MS Rush United 05 Premier (MS) managed to clinch the 17U Boys Division with a win this past Sunday that also counted toward this season’s National League P.R.O. standings.
- In the 18U Girls Division, Louisiana Fire 04 Red (LA) holds the top spot in the standings after four straight wins in as many games, but there is a lot of season left to play for this division and teams like Tennessee SC Murfreesboro 04 Showcase (TN) and 04 Lady Lobos Rush Premier (TN) will be looking to make moves in the spring side of the season.
- Nashville United SA 03 Boys Maroon (TN) currently holds the top spot in the 19U Boys Division standings, but Germantown Legends 03 Black NL (TN) will have the opportunity to take the division itself when the two teams compete later this season.
What they’re saying:
Gentry Johnson, head coach of MS Rush United 05 Premier (MS), talked about his team’s success within the conference this season.
“MS Rush United is a new merger between three local clubs in the Jackson, Miss., area,” Johnson said. “Clinching the division in our second year together reveals the talent and hard work that the clubs have put forth, and the possibilities moving forward. The team has worked tremendously hard, and it puts them on the front foot for National League.
“The team’s success can be attributed to the players’ love for one another and their ability to flip the switch and train hard. They enjoy being teenagers before and after sessions, but during sessions they all compete intensely to make one another better.”
Johnson also talked about what his team’s experience has been within the Mid South Conference and what they are looking forward to most about competing at National League P.R.O. events this winter.
“We have had lots of quality matches in Mid South. The organization has been first-class and it gives us a pathway to the next level. We greatly appreciate the opportunity it provides. The team is looking forward to National League P.R.O. in Orlando and Arizona. Hattiesburg FC has been one of our toughest opponents to date and seeing six more opponents at that level will push the boys and develop them for Southern Regionals.”
For more information on the Mid South Conference, including schedules, scores, and standings, click here.
For more information on all the National League Conferences and the National League P.R.O., click here.