FRISCO, Texas (Feb. 24, 2022) — The 2021-22 US Youth Soccer Mid South Conference season has seen many great performances through the fall and winter. The 13U age groups recently kicked off their season with an event in Huntsville, Ala., that saw them play games alongside the older girls age groups. Several teams have already clinched division titles in the older boys and girls age groups, and many more teams are pushing hard for the top spots in the standings as the league moves into the spring side of the calendar.
In total, this season will see 108 Mid South Conference teams compete for qualification into the 2022 USYS Southern Regional Championships, as well as qualification into the 2022-23 season of USYS National League P.R.O.
Some notes on the season up to this point:
- In the 13U Girls Division, Brandon FC 09 Premier (MS) currently has the top spot in the standings after earning 6 points in the first weekend of 13U play this season.
- Stones River FC 09 Black (TN) and Germantown Legends 09 Black (TN) both picked up two wins over the weekend in Huntsville to hold the top spots in the 13U Boys Division standings.
- In the 14U Girls Division, Tennessee United SC 08 (TN) currently holds the top spot in the conference standings with one game left to play.
- United SC 07 Premier (AL) clinched the 15U Boys Division back in the fall side of the season.
- In the 16U Girls Division, Chattanooga Red Wolves SC 06 (TN) currently holds the top spot in the standings with 9 points after its first four games.
- MS Rush United 05 Premier (MS) clinched the 17U Boys Division back in the fall side of the season with its 17 points earned.
- In the 18U Girls Division, Louisiana Fire 04 Red (LA) currently holds the top spot in the standings after four wins in as many games.
- Nashville United SA 03 Maroon (TN) clinched the 19U Boys Division back in the fall side of the season.
What they’re saying:
Steve Bradshaw, head coach of 07 Lady Lobos Rush Premier (TN), talked about his 15U Girls team’s success within the conference this season after picking up two wins in Alabama this past weekend.
“We put our hard work from the training field the past couple of months to work this past weekend in Huntsville,” Bradshaw said. “We were very organized from back to front, clean on the ball, quite active and were able to keep the ball a big percentage of both matches. This allowed our backs to get forward and put tons of attacking pressure on the opposing team. Then simply capitalized on opportunities created.”
Bradshaw also talked about what his team’s experience has been within the Mid South Conference.
“Being a part of the Mid South Conference is huge for us. We have to be at our best each and every match and that's a big reason these young ladies have grown and developed their football to such a high level,” he said. “Also, playing just one match on Saturday and one on Sunday allows us to play each game at the intensity level the game requires without the need to hold anything back.”
Clark Talley, head coach of Germantown Legends 09 Black (TN), talked about his 13U Boys team’s early success in the league after the 13U age group’s first weekend of play for the 2021-22 season.
“Being our first experience in the Mid South conference, the effort and focus our team showed in our first two games help propelled us to victories,” Talley said. “We played against two very well-organized teams that made our job very difficult. Playing at this level requires maximum concentration and effort to be successful.
“It’s always important to get off on the right foot in a league like the Mid South Conference. Having these two wins under our belts early will give us the confidence to push to the top of the table in our group. The upcoming games we have are against some very good competition and we are looking forward to the challenge. Both the team from Alabama and Louisiana were great test for us and we are looking forward to our next opponents.”
Talley also talked about what his team’s experience has been within the Mid South Conference.
“Being part of the Mid South Conference allows us to play against some of the best competition in the region,” he said. “It is always important to be challenging our players and playing at the highest level. The teams that we have faced off against have provided a great experience and challenge for our team. Also, playing teams from outside our immediate area allows us to gauge ourselves in our development as a team within our region.”
For more information on the Mid South Conference, including schedules, scores, and standings, click here.
For more information on all the National League Conferences and the National League P.R.O., click here.