GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (November 23, 2021) — The Fall 2021 US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference season drew to a close this past weekend, as a few remaining undecided divisions saw teams clinch promotion slots in the Premier II Divisions.
While Club vs. Club concluded last week in the shape of the Regional Wildcard Playoffs and the winners for the Premier I Divisions clinched earlier this month, a few teams had everything to play for as they sought promotion to Premier I for the Fall 2022 season.
Some notes from the weekend’s Team vs. Team action:
- A huge 6-0 win for MFJ 06G Elite (MI) in its final game of the season saw MFJ move from fourth place all the way to second place in 16U Girls Premier I to clinch a berth in the 2022-23 season of National League P.R.O.
- AFA Fillies ADRENELINE 2005 (MO) finished its season in style, winning its final two games of the season by large margins to finish atop the standings in 17U Girls Premier II Blue to win promotion to Premier I next season.
- The players for REAL WC Elite 2003/2004G (MO) won the final game of their youth soccer careers, putting a cap on a perfect season in which they won all five games played in the conference in the 19U Girls Premier II White Division.
- With a chance to qualify for the 2022-23 season of National League P.R.O., MFA Revolution 07G Black (MI) finished the season with two draws in its final two games. Had it won both games over the weekend, they would have finished in second place and qualified for National League P.R.O., but the draws see them finish in fourth place in 15U Girls Premier I.
- JB Marine Garabedian 2006G (MO) capped a perfect season with two wins from its final two games, scoring nine goals in the games, to finish the Fall 2021 season 8-0-0 in 16U Girls Premier II Blue.
- Despite needing to win its final game of the season and overcome a goal differential advantage to leapfrog into first place, MFJ 05G Elite (MI) lost its final game of the season to Cap City 05 Girls Grey (MI), meaning LTSC 2005G Showcase (IL) clinched the promotion slot from 17U Girls Premier II Yellow by finishing in first place.
- TKO Premier SC 2007 Girls Blue (MI) went 6-1-0 over the course of the season in 15U Girls Premier II Yellow. TKO won the division thanks to its 3-2 win over SCOR Meulensteen 07 Black (MI), which broke the tie as both teams finished on 18 points. The first-place finish means TKO earn promotion to the Premier I for the Fall 2022 season.
- JB Marine Thunder (MO) finished in second place in the 17U Girls Premier I Division thanks to a win in its final game of the season, earning it a spot in National League P.R.O. for the 2022-23 season.
What they’re saying:
“This team prides itself on playing top notch competition and they are looking forward to the opportunity to playing in Premier I next year,” said Jeff Martin, coach of AFA Fillies ADRENELINE 2005 (MO), who finished first in 17U Girls Premier II Blue. “We talk a lot about consistency on this team and to their credit, they have been just that and have played beautiful soccer all season long.”
They will be joined in the 18U Girls Premier I Division next year by LTSC 2005G Showcase (IL), as they finished atop the standings in 17U Girls Premier II Yellow.
“Our team came into preseason in August and felt like a more focused and mature team,” said John Koeune, coach of LTSC. “They bonded on and off the field, and the results are a testament to the work they put in. The group is excited for the opportunity to play in Premier I next Fall. Having played many of the teams before, they believe they can compete and challenge themselves at this next level of competition.”
The Midwest Conference is one of 13 Conferences in the National League, and it consists of teams primarily from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota.
To follow the Midwest Conference results and standings, click here.
Click here for more information on the Midwest Conference. For more information on all 13 of the National League Conferences, the National League Showcase Series, and National League P.R.O., click here.