- 2023-24 Sunshine Conference Dates
- 2023-24 Accepted Teams
- 8/10/23 League Procedures Zoom Meeting – PowerPoint
- 8/10/23 League Procedures Zoom Meeting – Recording
- 2023-24 Referee Fees
- GotSport Forms:
- Field Maps
- Editing Registration, Locating Account#, Viewing Balance
- Changing Payment Method and Changing Credit Card On File
- Clubs Building and Sharing Fields in GotSport
- Updating Team Contact Information
- Locating Team Contact Information
- Roster Building for Clubs Admins
- Roster Building for Team Admins
- Team Pre-Game Tasks
Q: When is the application deadline for the upcoming season and how do I access the application link?
A: The Team Application period to participate in the 2023-24 Season 13U (Boys and Girls), is currently closed for the season. Applications for next season will open in May of 2024.
Q: How many players can be on our team?
A: Teams may utilize thirty players during the course of a season in accordance with League Rules and Policies. A maximum 22-player Team Roster with additional use of a Club Pass Roster shall be utilized in all age groups. Club Pass players may only come from within a team’s club, provided that the player is a US Youth Soccer member. All rosters shall be submitted to the league through the GotSport platform. There is an 18-player max for game days.
Q: What is the time frame to make adjustments to my roster?
A: Any roster modification for weekend games must be made before 12 PM CT on the Friday before the weekend games. or in the case of a weeknight match, no later than 24 hours prior to the weeknight match.
Q: Can a player play for multiple teams on the same day?
A: Club pass players cannot play for two teams on the same day, see rules below:
17.04 Player Limitations
A player may play for only one Conference team during any single day. Once a player is on the roster of a team in the Conference in a gender age group and such team has played one match in Conference competition, such player may not appear on another team’s roster in such gender age group during the remainder of the Conference season. In situations where a club may have multiple teams participating in the Conference, a player or players may be listed on multiple teams rosters in different age groups, but at no time may a player play for more than one team on the same day, and not play on more than one team in the same gender age group. Under no circumstances may a player be listed on multiple team rosters if such teams are from different clubs.
During the conference season, a goalkeeper may be listed on up to two Conference team match day team lineups per day from the same club, with the written consent by the conference league manager. A goalkeeper may not play on more than one team in the same gender age group and is subject to the same standards as club pass players.
Q: How do I make changes to the schedule posted online?
A: To submit ANY schedule update/s after initial schedules have been posted online, you will need to submit a reschedule request through the following GotSport form: https://system.gotsport.com/forms/3396367T3 . This will take you to the reschedule request page. Please note, that both teams must have agreed to any schedule update before an update can be submitted within the GotSport chat. In addition to submitting this schedule update form, you will acknowledge that the HOST club needs to contact their ref assignor immediately to ensure match officials are scheduled (if not at a conference hosted event or external tournament).
Q: How do we get referees for our game?
A: For all self-scheduled games, the home team must use their club’s referee assignor. For matches at neutral venues, FYSA will be assigning referees for the match.
Q: How much do we pay referees?
A: US Youth Soccer Leagues Program Conference games will use a 3-man referee system. Each team is responsible for one-half of the total referee fees per game and payment is to be made in cash prior to each game as follows:
13U and 14U: $70 per game per team; a total of $140 ($60 to Referee and $40 to each AR)
15U and 16U: $75 per game per team; a total of $150 ($70 to Referee and $40 to each AR)
17U, 18U and 19U: $85 per game per team; a total of $170 ($80 to Referee and $45 to each AR)
Q: Who submits the GotSport Game Card?
A: ALL match scores must be entered and game cards uploaded by the HOME team. This MUST be done within 48 hours of the game’s completion. The HOME team will be subject to a $50 fine for violating this rule.
Q: I was able to enter the score for our game but I did not get a copy of the GotSport Game Card. What should I do?
A: You will need to contact the referees that filled out the game card to see if they have it. If you do not have their contact information, contact the referee assignor that assigned those referees to your game. Also contact the opposing team to see if they have the missing paperwork.
Q: How do I book a hotel for a Conference Hosted weekend?
A: There are housing links located in the Conference Hosted Weekend section on the https://www.usysnationalleague.com/sunshine-conference/ website.
Q: How do we receive National League Patches and where are they supposed to be placed on our uniforms? A: All patches are provided at the centralized neutral site weekends hosted by the Sunshine Conference. The placement of patches on uniforms can be found on pages 15 and 16 of the National League – Brand Guidelines document found in the Team Information drop down on the USYS website.
About the Conference
The US Youth Soccer Sunshine Conference consists of teams primarily from Florida.
The Sunshine Conference operates league play for boys and girls teams in the 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U and 19U age groups. There is also an 18U age group for the boys (team vs. team).
Boys and girls teams in the all age groups play their games primarily from September to May across a single league schedule. For more details, check the team information section higher up on this page.
- The highest level of play for each age group takes place within a Premier I Division (team vs. team).
- The Club vs. Club divisions on the boys’ side provide an equivalent level of play to the Premier I Divisions.
The Sunshine Conference is one of 13 Conferences within the National League that offer team-based competition, meaning each team earns its place into the appropriate level of play through its play on the field. The 13 Conferences share national connectivity via the Conference Playoffs, which provide a platform for the top 10 percent of teams from the 3,500+ teams playing in the conferences to come together and compete for an opportunity to continue on the pathway toward the US Youth Soccer National Championships.
The conferences provide teams with two pathways that help teams work their way toward advancing to the USYS National Championships.
- National League Pathway – Conference teams can advance to the National Championships as one of the National League’s representatives. In order to do so, they must:
- Qualify for the Conference Playoffs by finishing as one of the top teams in the highest level of its conference in the previous seasonal year.
- Compete at the Conference Playoffs and earn advancement to National League P.R.O.
- Compete at National League P.R.O. and finish in a qualifying position for the USYS National Championships.
- Regional Championships Pathway – Conference teams can advance to the National Championships as a Regional Championship representative. In order to do so, they must:
- Finish as one of the top teams in the highest level of its conference to earn a spot in the Regional Championships at the end of that same seasonal year.
- Win the Regional Championship to advance to the USYS National Championships.