ST. LOUIS (May 8, 2023) — The USYS Midwest Conference saw more than 120 games played this past weekend at Creve Coeur Park Soccer Complex in St. Louis, as teams jockeyed for position in many tight division title races.
The Midwest Conference is one of 13 conferences in the USYS National League. Its top tier divisions — both team-based (Premier I) and club-based — provide teams with an opportunity to advance to the USYS National Championship Series, as well as to qualify for next season’s National League Conference Playoffs.
The action in St. Louis included boys teams in the 13U-19U age groups, along with girls teams in the 13U and 14U age groups. Many of the competing teams either concluded their conference schedule during the weekend or have just a few games remaining.
Take a look at some notable results and division outlooks following the games at Creve Coeur Park:
- KCL Academy Red 2010 (KS) completed a 6-1-0 season in the 13U Girls Premier I Division by picking up six of nine possible points in St. Louis. Its lone loss came to Ajax FC Naperville 2010 Girls Red (IL), which is just three points back of KCL with two games remaining.
- After a big win on Saturday, Ponys F.C. 2010 (IL) secured a 2-0 victory on Sunday to move to 5-0-0 in the 13U Boys Premier I Division. It has a chance to clinch the title with a win or draw in its next game.
- Just six points separates first from eighth in the 14U Girls Premier I Division after a very competitive weekend of action in St. Louis. Group leader KCL Academy Red 2009 NL (KS) suffered its first two losses while at Creve Coeur, including a 1-0 defeat to Galaxy SC 2009 MWC (IL). Galaxy could move into first place with wins in its final two games.
- LFA Blue Star 2008B (MO) was dominant in its lone matchup at Creve Coeur, as it won to keep pace with STLDA 2008B Academy Navy (MO) atop the 15U Boys Club vs. Club Division.
- KC Legends Billy Goat FC 08 (KS) traveled to St. Louis needing to earn two wins and make gains in goal differential to win the 15U Boys Premier I Division. It accomplished both tasks — winning its games by a combined score of 9-to-1 — as it clinched a first-place finish.
- A couple of close wins helped LFA Blue Star 2007B (MO) gain a slim advantage in the 16U Boys Club vs. Club Division. LFA shut out previous group leader JB Marine Academy Baum 07B (MO) 1-0, on Saturday and now holds a 1-point edge over JB Marine in the standings.
- SCOR Meulensteen 07 Black (MI) had a busy — and very successful — weekend in St. Louis that saw it earn three shutout victories. The nine points helped it move to the top of the 16U Boys Premier I Division, and it will aim to maintain that spot with two games left to play.
- Two wins at Creve Coeur allowed JB Marine Academy McKeon 2006B (MO) to move to 5-0-0 in the 17U Boys Club vs. Club Division.
- The 17U Boys Premier I Division included some very close games at the top of the table in St. Louis. CFYSC 2006B Premier (IL) moved to 5-0-0 with a pair of wins by one-goal margins, but it still has some work to do to clinch the group title.
- STLDA 2005B Wipke (MO) won both of its games in St. Louis to remain unbeaten in the 18U Boys Club vs. Club Division. STLDA has a one-point edge on EBU Elite 05B EA (WI) in the standings, but EBU has a game in hand. The two face off on May 14 in a game that could decide the group winner.
- Libertyville FC 1974 Elite-05 Boys (IL) battled for a tight win on Saturday before a more decisive win on Sunday, as it moved to 6-0-0 in the 18U Boys Premier I Division.
- Two wins at Creve Coeur helped LFA Williams 2004B (MO) improve to 5-0-0 in the 19U Boys Club vs. Club Division. LFA has shown the ability to win close games, with four of its victories decided by two goals or fewer.
The National League Conference Playoffs are part of the newly announced national event structure within the National League — giving all teams in the National League a unified pathway to earn their place into National League P.R.O. and compete for berths to the USYS National Championships.
For more information on the Midwest Conference, including schedules, scores, and standings, click here.